Sunday 1 July 2018

My husbands wedding outfit

Knight in leather armour!

My husband really turned out hot and handsome in this outfit!

So, in our nontraditional wedding, there was no option for a suit for my husband. I found something a lot cooler! Since the price for a fantasy leather armor called Elf Noble Armour from thevikingstore.co.uk was pretty steep, I decided to sow the tunic he would wear under it myself.

And it turned out great, if you have in mind that I really do not sow, and this was my first time doing something this intricate. My earlier work is just making up curtains and other easy endeavors.

The tunic I actually made myself!
Then there was the cape, witch we got from the same seamstress who made my wedding dress. So it had matching trim on the edges, and the sigel on the hood.
Here he is with the cape on.

Finally, he needed some trousers, and I found the perfect ones at a medieval market in black linen. His shoes was some nice leather ecco shoes that he could get good use out of for years. He also wore a simple long leather belt, with a big viking drinking horn attached. 



His outfit was based on layering, so he could ditch the cape after the ceremony, and later also the armour when we got hot and full from the awesome food we got.

Down to the bare minimum, but still looks good! (Ps: I made the draping on my weddingdress myself!)

No comments:

Post a Comment